Thursday, July 9, 2015

Iceland Blog Two

Icelandic Horse - Horses out number people in Iceland.

My second blog from Iceland.  It is almost two in the morning.  We came in early today because it was too cloudy for a sunset or sunrise.  We started the day at 6 am to shoot Puffins.  You will see Puffin pictures in the third blog.

 Seljalandsfoss - Foss is waterfall in Icelandic

Vik Church and lupines.  Every community had its own small church.  At one time the Lutheran Church owned much of Iceland. 

These icebergs calf off of a glacier at the other end of this tidal lake.  At low tide the icebergs make their way to the Atlantic ocean.  Many end up on the beach.

Setting sun at 11:30  

Beach ice pictures taken after midnight.

Taking beach ice pictures is a good way to get wet feet.  I had 15" boots on but sometimes they weren't quite tall enough.

After I took this picture I saw the face in the ice.  So I guess I will title it, 
"The Ice man of Iceland"

We shot beach ice pictures two evening in a role.This evening there was a little color in the sky.  We have not had any real sunset color since the first night.

I got too close to this Tern's next so I was getting dive bombed. The Tern's fish in the glacial lakes.  The incoming tides brings in small fish.

This is another glacial lake.

Iceland has the largest icefield in Europe.  It feeds many glaciers.

I will get out another blog in a couple of days.  We are headed back in to the highlands tomorrow and we won't have internet access.

Way past bedtime now,
goodnight.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.

1 comment: